My goals for 2016 have been broken down into categories. I’ve decided to focus on debt, finances, health and image, relationships, personal development, blogging, and freelancing. For the purposes of accountability and this blog, I will be sharing my debt, finances, personal development, blogging, and freelancing goals. Instead of focusing on the entire year as a whole, I’m breaking the goals down into 6-month wide range goals. I’ll focus on tasks and achievements monthly.
Here are my overall goals for the 1st six months:
- To begin my aggressive student loan payment plan (I plan to begin June 2016), I need to generate an additional $1,700 through freelancing and online hustles. This is really aggressive, but I’m not backing down – I’m up for the challenge!
- Pay $1,100 balance on last credit card by 04/01/2016. I receive a work bonus every year in March. I’ll use the entire thing and pay it off if this balance remains after our 2015 taxes.
- Pay off remaining $900 from maternity bill by March 31st.
- Pay off baby student loan #1 by 8/1/2016. This goal will be easily obtained if I’m generating my income goal mentioned above.
- Save $2,000 in Emergency Fund by December 31st. Broken down this would mean an average contribution of $166.66 per month.
- Save an additional $500 in car maintenance account. Broken down would be an average of $41.66 per month.
- Continue contributing to checking account buffer.
- Read one financial book per month.
- Continue money education with my daughter.
- Quarterly meetings with mastermind group.
- Grow Twitter followers to 1,500.
- Grow FB followers to 750.
- Learn more about maximizing Pinterest or outsource.
- Figure out Alexa rating and study ways to improve it.
- Strive to guest post once per month.
- Write one evergreen blog post per month. (Luckily, after completing a quick strategy session, I came up with 21 ideas for evergreen content. I’ve already done most of the work, now I just have to write them to stay on task!)
- Reach or exceed an income of $2,000 per month by December 2016.
- Diversify freelancing income.
- I would like to find at least one staff writing blogging opportunity.
- I’m in the early phases of writing a fiction children’s book that teaches basic money management principles.
To begin the year right, I’ve decided to include my micro-goals for January that will keep me on target for the year. I have a notebook just for all of these goals so I can map out what I need to do each month to stay on plan. I will keep myself accountable by doing my monthly hustle updates. For now, I will share what next month’s goals are here, and update you on how I did in December on my next hustle update next week.
- Earn $500 in online/freelancing income.
- Gain 100 to 115 Twitter followers.
- Gain 60 to 90 Facebook followers. (I’m finding it to be more difficult to gain FB followers. Ya’ll got any tips? Please share.)
- One guest post. (This goal has already been achieved!)
- One evergreen post. (This goal is completed. This post is already finished and scheduled!)
- Read one financial book.
- Readjust contributions for ER (emergency) and car maintenance funds.
- Pay as much on last credit card as I can stand.
I’ll keep you all up to date! In the meantime, share some of your goals for 2016 in the comments below. Let’s keep each other accountable. Also, any tips on growing my Facebook community? Weigh in!